Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, i have dead like suspension, vary soft way to easy to bottom out makes a aloud Clunk noise when it does, im going to get the shocks rebuild is there anything else i need to maybe do?, here are some pics of it. I know nothing about the suspension on it, if u asked me i would guess its not stock becuase it looks like it was yellow at one ponit in time and it was painted black, the shock look old from all the waer on them. let me know all yout thoughts, Thanks everyone. Oh the sled is a 95 mach 1 670.
[attachment=49457]

[attachment=49459]

[attachment=49458]

[attachment=49460]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Unless you loosened up your track...that's way too loose.

Other then that, a rebuild is about all you can do.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yup.. Take it apart.. Clean it up.. re-grease and lube it all. get those shocks redone for sure, they look original. Look for damage and/or mising parts.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
It looks like the stock suspension to me. You can check with your Ski-Doo dealer to see if there are stiffer springs you can buy, also.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yep it's the stock set up, like other's have said clean it up, lube it up, inspect all the piece's make sure the part's that are suppose to "move" move, and the part's that aren't suppose to "move" don't move. look over your suspension to make sure there are no stress cracks some things to look at are the front suspension arm, rear suspension arm, and the rails. You may also look at the idler wheels to make sure that the bearing's are in good shape. adjust the track, and replace or rebuild the shock. Stiffer springs will help soak up some of the bumps, but it looks like it's a 8" suspension, if so I really don't think you will get away from bottoming out completely. just my .02

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
upon some review, the 95's had the C-7 suspension, so Barkmulcher is more than likely closer on the travel for your suspension at 6.5" Good catch Barkmulcher and thanks for correcting me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts