Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 z 440 snopro fan cooled which i want to put my zr 580 liquid into what would i all have to switch out to make that work

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
New ecu, add coolant lines. That's all that i know of but i'm sure there's more.

·
Registered
355 Posts
It would not be worth doing. You would be better off selling the fan and buying a liquid. The 580 and the 440 have different chassis with different motor mount i believe. There is a lot more involved than you think.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
don't take this the wrong way, but what you need is to by the zr580 sled to go with the engine, it will be cheaper and easier then the way you want to do it
Things you will need (just a quick list)
Engine mount
pipes
carbs
clutching (includes different ramps springs wieghts) along with extras and time to tune
electrical changes
coolant lines
heat exchangers (cut in and mount)

it is possible, but a wast of time and money

robbiecanderson said:
would i even need the cooling lines for the track because it never had one before with the fan motor?
how would you cool the engine then?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TeamNFG said:
don't take this the wrong way, but what you need is to by the zr580 sled to go with the engine, it will be cheaper and easier then the way you want to do it
Things you will need (just a quick list)
Engine mount
pipes
carbs
clutching (includes different ramps springs wieghts) along with extras and time to tune
electrical changes
coolant lines
heat exchangers (cut in and mount)

it is possible, but a wast of time and money

robbiecanderson said:
would i even need the cooling lines for the track because it never had one before with the fan motor?
how would you cool the engine then?
i meant the cooling lines to track under the seat

·
Registered
844 Posts
those coolant lines aren't to cool the track. They run to a
"heat exchanger" mounted in the rear of the tunnel. The purpose
is to cool the coolant by getting blasted with snow from the track, and
keep the motor from overheating.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Considering you thought you had to cool the track, this does not sound like a project for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts