Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 2003 arctic cat z-570 with about 2100miles on it and i want to get it new shocks, new handlebars, and sumthin to get it to take off little faster so i dont look stupid with my buddys. can you tell me what to get and how much its probly gonna cost.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Why is this in Vintage?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wouldnt spend money on shocks unless they are shot. And why handlebars? If you want a new look, put on a chrome windshield, or flames on windshield. How bout some handguards? Looks cool, and keeps hands warmer. Custom graphics for the hood. Mabey a new jacket and helmet? The Bombadier modulars look cool, and work great. As for performance- I'm thinking 96 to 144 new Woodys Mega-bite studs! You will jump out of the hole quick. Lastly, clutching the sled may improve performance. Get a Black Magic, Speedwerx, or EPI clutch kit installed, and see how it goes. Also, If youre running with bigger sleds, you have to get a bigger sled. The F6 and F7 are real good performers, as well as the older ZR600, ZR800, ZR900. Have fun with it, ARCTIC

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
For take off.. clutch kit and picks. Can't give an estimate on price, it depends what kit/picks you went with.

Welcome to TUSF

This should be in the arctic-cat forum also, not vintage.

·
Registered
893 Posts
i agree get some studs and clutch it, i may clutch mine soon that would be cool! well good luck with it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've heard the fan sleds are fairly quick and sporty as is, but if you're looking for some improvement... Clutch kit and 144 studs. I've got an EPI clutch kit in my sled, i got it really cheap on ebay, like 65 bucks and the price sticker on it said 150. Buck's studs is a brand you can find on ebay for about 1 dollar per stud backer n nut, about the cheapest it gets. I put those on my polaris, a like 5 broke off within a few rides but since then its been all good.
You could do some porting on the cylinders... should be easy on a fan sled. I dont have specs for that but you just use a dremel and advance the ports a little, and widen and clear them out at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts