Snowmobile Fanatics banner

z570

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Sled_Dog 
#1 ·
im looking at new sleds. i like the looks of the z570 but the fact that it says light weight on it concerns me. should it?i weight around 200 lbs. whats the differences between the z's,zr, and zl's?

when hell freezes over well ride there too!

#2 ·
Zs are the basic Cats, air cooled good beginner sleds. ZRs are performance sleds, stiffer suspensions, all green unless it's a limited edition(LE). ZLs are trail performance or performance touring sleds. Mostly the same engines as the ZRs but softer suspensions, some have electric start and reverse standard.
The 570 is Cats new air cooled engine, from what I've read not a bad engine for air cooled but 30 plus horses less than the 500 liquid.

RtkatZL8

#6 ·
Yes, it's good to have some ppl who like different brands here. Just don't bash.

I think that 570 fan engine is to compete with the Polaris 550 fan.

"Might Be Crazy But I Ain't Dumb" - Cooter

#7 ·
I would be a little concerned. Not that you weigh 200# but the z is just not the best overall sled. My opinion is pay the little extra and upgrade you will be happier in the long run. Being at 200# the suspension is just not going to perform like you would want. If you have few to none whoop te doos (bumps) you will enjoy the z model just fine. Otherwise set up a apointment now before you ride with the chiropractor for when you return. The rest of the sled powerwise will handle you just fine.

"Meaningless Ride"

#8 ·
I haven't ridden a 570 but, for a fan the z440 was a kick to ride. The lightwieght part shouldn't concern you.
Have the dealer set it up for a guy your size. I go 260 and the little 440 set up right worked fine. OK I opted for more power with my current sled but the light wieght fan is great for ditch banging or trail riding.

#9 ·
Hey Dudes - I am now on board with you - I also ride a ThunderCat - it is a workout on the trails but I do love the power when I want it. I love all sleds but I am a Cat Man to the bone.

When we are out on the trails or screaming along the lake, I don't give a rat's ass what you are riding - I am just glad to have you along.

We got any Ontario people on here?

Ride Hard, Ride Safe...Nobody Hurt

#10 ·
Vancouver, Canada here. Welcome aboard!

-------------------------------------------

Lest we forget...... 09/11/01

Edited by - bman on October 18 2001 2:09:56 PM

#11 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by articman:

im looking at new sleds. i like the looks of the z570 but the fact that it says light weight on it concerns me. should it?i weight around 200 lbs. whats the differences between the z's,zr, and zl's?

[/quote]

It doesn't matter what or how you ride...just as long as you DO ride

#12 ·
Ok, Maybe this one will work...first time here as well. Got kind of tired of the nonsense on snowest. Good to see some honest snowmobilers here. I'm just back into sledding as my military assignment has finally brought me back to where the snow falls! I looked at the Z570 as a sled to get back into. Also looked at the Polaris of similar size. Really depends on what kind of riding you want to do. I drove my wife NUTS before actually deciding. With a family of 6, and wanting to get everyone involved, I bought a 94 340 Cat 2-up with 700 miles for the kids, a 94 550 Cat 2-up with 1700 miles, and a 2000 VMax for myself. Hoefully found a good mix to do some different kinds of riding. Like they said above, nobody really makes a bad sled. Just do a little research, and then decide. Glad to be here. quote]Originally posted by Taylormandan:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by articman:

[/quote]

It doesn't matter what or how you ride...just as long as you DO ride[/quote]

It doesn't matter what or how you ride...just as long as you DO ride

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.