Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hell i just bought hd torsion springs for my 2000 zl 600 efi and i could wing it but waNT some pointers or suggestions for the install thhanks

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Hardest thing on the whole thing is getting the idlers off, i had to use a 100ton press. Take the rear arm out of your skid and with the skid removed, then get the idlers off of the arm(you will probably have to take it to a dealer and have them pulled off. Take the old springs off and put the new ones on. MAKE sure the are on the right side, tripple check it so you dont do what i did. I might also recomend replacing the bearings if your idlers are worth saving.

·
Registered
482 Posts
i used an air hammer, if u split the blocks a little bit with a wedge that helps too. bearings in the idler wheels are likely shot, put new ones in while ur in there. Oh and put in new Spring retainer blocks in the slide rails, they are probably worn out too.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The hardest part will be getting the idlers off. If you have new idlers/bearings, I'd just beat the F*** out of the idlers with a plastic mallet until they come off. Heating the bearings up with a blow torch and some WD-40 will help too! Let us know how you do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys thanks for the help i talked to my local(76mile away) dealer and thell doit for 60 bucks plus tax and to be honest ive been snowmobiling for 5 years now but i havent worked on anything like this so im gonna take it there plus have the clutches looked at along with everything else im thinking a can and clutch kit soon :) but i got sell some of my crap in my barn first lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts