Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ZL 550 artic cat. it has only 500 miles on it. there is a loud humming sound and vibration what i think is coming from the jack shaft. this only happens around 5k RPM. I tightened the track per manual. w/ the track deflection 1-1 1/4 in. is this noise and vibration normal?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi Ken, I have a 2003 zr 900. I have the same problem, the dealer tested three other 900s and they all do the same thing. They think it is from the beginning of the rails when the track comes off the drive shaft and onto the rails. AC has been notified and are looking into it. I had the drive shaft, bearings, and drive cogs replaced at 720 miles and found no difference after. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.
Dave.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey dave i found out that jackshaft is not true from the factory the dealer is going to put the jackshaft on a machine and make it true

·
Registered
31 Posts
hey kenny you emailed me and i talked to my buddy he never had a prob like that before though his goes through gas like air...lol thats pretty much all i can do hope it helps....lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts