Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 1999 zr 440 sno pro when i start it up it will be ok for a few seconds but when i get it up to like 3000 rpms it will just drop down to 1000rpms if you dont get it in time it will die. does eny body know what this is.

·
Registered
822 Posts
sambell said:
power valves controll high rpm, I would clean the carbs and put a new fuel filter on.
Yup, I'm not thinking it's the power valves, sounds even as simple as a pinched fuel line. Pull the carbs and clean them good, check all the fuel lines for cracks and if they're brittle, replace them. Nothing worse than loosing gas because a fuel line has a slight leak.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got a 99 zr 440 sno pro and the compression is 90 and 100, how easy is it to change the rings, she still goes good when the power band hits but i can barley get going in soft snow or on any little hill, ive messed with every thing for 2 years and nothings helped much,going into the motor it spits oil out them power valves bad or the little ports , is that the compression, carbs are good and adjusted and the low side compression dont fire when its cold till i give it gas, any hands on advice ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
zr440man said:
i got a 1999 zr 440 sno pro when i start it up it will be ok for a few seconds but when i get it up to like 3000 rpms it will just drop down to 1000rpms if you dont get it in time it will die. does eny body know what this is.
The famous Arctic Cat stator would be my guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts