Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cleaning my carbs the other Day on my 98 zr 500 i found that their were wires attached to the carburetors a wire for both of them and was wondering what they go to or are very important if any one knows what they r for please let me know thanks. [attachment=53373]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
they are for the tps also knowen as the throttle position sensor

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Safety device that shuts down the sled ,most people disconnect them,

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Yep it the tps wires if you mess with the tps you sled will run bad it needs to be set at factory specs for the sled to run right! I had a 98 zl 440lc and that made the sled run like **** because it got messed with by the previous owner. Took me forever to figure it out!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The carburator magnetic switches work with the throttle block safety switch. If the slides are wide open and the throttle is closed (which would happen if a slide gets stuck by ice or debris) the ignition dies and the sled stops. The carb switches are touchy and a lot of people disable the safety feature they offer by disconnecting the carb switches and jumping the wire harness.

I like the safety the system provides; it's not as exciting having the engine just die if you stick a slide, though. That unintended full throttle acceleration can be SUCH a rush ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts