Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i rode it then parked it outside and next day when i went to start it it ran for a few seconds then shut off and i cant get it started now. Its in the heated garage now. it has spark and it seems to be the plugs are getting soaked instantly. If i clean them off it will pop off for a second then wont do anything till i clean the plugs off again.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Some early efi sleds won't run at all with a weak or dead battery. I am not sure yours is a battery dependant model, but it wouldn't hurt to check the battery in case it is and make sure it's charged up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used to ride an almost identical sled. It had a battery, and would start cold on the third pull every time. However, when the battery was low it wouldn't run, and it would NEVER start when the handwarmers or thumbwarmer were turned on.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Take the plugs out and leave the switch off and throttle wide open and pull it over as fast as you can until it stops misting from the plug holes.
Place new plugs into the holes, keep throttle wide open and switch on, pull it fast till it bangs. Put plugs in half way and repeat until it starts. Shut it off and tighten the plugs. It should start and run fine as long as the battery is fully charged now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea basically what i did but wouldnt idle so i upped the idle and drove it for a while and then i could lower the idle some i think if i keep driving it it will get better. Must just be something in the injectors or fuel rail?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts