Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, this is my first theard in the this forum so if i mess it up lmk anyway i have a 98 zr 600 efi and im looking to buy a can for it. i am wondering if there is a differance in the cans that are made for efi and carb because i have read of people using one can for bopth types also on the mbrp website there are differant model # for the efi and carb. another question is i herd of someone useing the same can on a 98 and a 2000 if i bought a can made for a 2000 on ebay would i be able to fit it on my 98? well any help is aprieated thanks alot

·
Super Moderator
11,680 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum!

I've noticed they sell cans for both EFI and carb. Is there a difference? I really don't know. Due to the EFI, they may be tuned slightly different for more/less backpressure to play it safe, but that is moreless a pipe thing. I personally don't think that it'd make a big difference, but I'm no expert. I'm running a D&D quiet can on mine, just to make sure it'd work with EFI. I'm also running their single pipe, EFI chip, and clutch kit.

I've looked a bunch of aftermarket mods for my '98, but always find myself going with products that I KNOW will be EFI compatible. (There is one exception. Some aftermarket cans just simply do not run on EFI sleds. It seems it's about 1 out of 10 that do it, but there is a chance.)

Here's mine...
[attachment=52131]

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had a loud can on my zr 600, the only thing it did for me was be loud. no performance gain that was noiticble. 98-2000 are all the same as far as fit. I doubt there is any difference between the EFI and carb cans, it really shouldnt matter. If you want performance you want to get a pipe, a can will just sound differently.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys that clears most of it up but if theres anyone else that knows for sure post up and i know all it will add is sound but thats all im really looking for if i went with the pipes than id have to buy the chip and by that time i have like 500 wraped up in a sled i paid 1700 for. thanks again and keep the posts coming

1 - 4 of 4 Posts