Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a ZR 700 a good sled? what are the pros and cons of this sled? it has arround he thinks 4500mi he dosent know though because the cable broke at around 3500mi so he dosent know and the speodmeter dosent work either so tell me what you think
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Skidoorider583 said:
is a ZR 700 a good sled? what are the pros and cons of this sled? it has arround he thinks 4500mi he dosent know though because the cable broke at around 3500mi so he dosent know and the speodmeter dosent work either so tell me what you think
thanks
i have a 600 powder extreme and it is a fast machine i keep up and sometimes pass 700 not sure if that helps you any

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
If the cable broke make sure the bearing on the left side of the jackshaft is in good shape. The first thing to go is the speedo cable, if it wasn't fixed pronto then damage will have happened. I have a 2002 zr 800 efi and i love it, the power is incredible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do i check and see if the bearing on the left side of the jack shaft is good? and where can i find the jack shaft? and how does the cable breaking affect the way any thing else breaks

Mad-Boondocker said:
what year ZR 700 is it?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Drive shaft is the part your drive cog sits on. Costs about 60$ to replace both bearings, new speedo key, and new fluid. Another 10 or so if your chaincase seal is bad. In order to check you need to in this order:
Pull the skid off( take tension off track and remove the 4 mount bolts, pull skid out of track)
Reach under your clutch and remove the little gearcase should be 3 bolts
Drain your chaincase( little plug on inside of tunnel, you can do this at any time)
Remove your chaincase cover
Take off chain and gear from driveshaft
Then push the the drive shaft out through the chaincase until you can drop the other side out
Then pull it out and it's off.

While things are apart check your drive cogs over for damage, you can also do the same for your track or replace it as it is completely off the sled. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Not too expensive of a part to replace but it you can't do it yourself then thats when it gets expensive[Disappointed] Sometimes you can loosen the track up all the way and it is enough to get the driveshaft out without taking the whole skid and track out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts