Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 zrt 600 my clutch comes in at 5000 rpm and i have the dg silencers on it what i am wondering is when i am on the lake racing it would it benefit me in the short drags we do to hollow out the silencers on it a guy on a thunder cat told me today that when i am drag racing on the ice with it to pull the fiberglass and baffle out of the silencers but to put it back in for the trails will this help or should i leave the silencers packed the way they are

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
leave it alone. you change the rpm at witch you make hp. also you wont always gain hp. for drags or speed runs, some people use to put in a reducer in the pipe, like weld in a washer, to restrict the flow, sending the pulse back to the motor differently. making more power, but that would not work for trail either. unless you are seriously setting up for totall race, or big money is on the line, dont mess with the can, if anything, spend the time on making the sled roll nice than clutch and gear for the track.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the help anyone have any prefferences on ice picks I have 98 woodys studs steel with carbide tips but couldnt hook up for anything yesterday was thinking of putting some ice picks in there but I am new too all this and dont know what to get

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
First off you dont have near enough studs,you need at least 144.i find Megabites by Woody's work realy well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts