Snowmobile Fanatics banner

ZRT Bog

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Sledsnake168 
#1 ·
Was out riding the trails, when the zrt started spitting and sputtering and died at a road crossing. Pulled her over and she started, it runs fine at idle, but when you give it gas it bogs.

Sometimes it runs well enough to go a lap at full then begins to sputter again.

Any Suggestions?

#4 ·
I think that using more that recommended would just be wasteful, doubt you will see any further improvment. I keep a bottle in the storage compartmant, If I get gas with water in it, my sled will start acting up within 3-5 miles, I them add 1/4-1/3 of a bottle of heet, and then the problem goes away within 5 miles and is great till I get gas again.

On a side note, Ive run 3 tanks of fuel this season and have had no problems yet. last season I was having trouble with nearly every fill up. go figure.

#5 ·
Banderbear21 said:
did it, thats what allowed me to get laps in the yard

would more than the reccomended dose of heat be a wise idea ?
[highlight=yellow][/highlight=yellow]

Not if you are running fuel with ethanol in it now. The extra ethanol will lean out the mixture. You would be better served by draining the tank and refilling with fresh fuel.

#6 ·
picman said:
Banderbear21 said:
did it, thats what allowed me to get laps in the yard

would more than the reccomended dose of heat be a wise idea ?
[highlight=yellow][/highlight=yellow]

Not if you are running fuel with ethanol in it now. The extra ethanol will lean out the mixture. You would be better served by draining the tank and refilling with fresh fuel.
unless your getting bad fuel straight from the pumps....... what are you going to do! keep throwing out brand new fuel!!!!!!! If your ever near Mora Mn, avoid our gas AND the chinese restraunt on HWY 65!

#7 ·
OUCH and I like chinese!!

I have added extra Heet to my sled also. Some time you just have to. I also cringe everytime I do. Sooner or later it will be too much...

Sounds like you may have to file complaints with the state. Cars and trucks have to be affected by that crap also.

#8 ·
ive filled the sled twice this season, one at home, at the local station, and once up north (Shawano WI) the fill up north had 3 other sleds at the same pump, none of them is acting up. maybe because the ZRT is high preformance ??

#9 ·
How does your plugs look? I would go thru the carbs to see if they are dirty. Another thing is getting it running and Spray carb spray on the seals on the back side of the clutch and the carb boots to see if there is any air leaks and if so you need to replace them.

#10 ·
Banderbear21 said:
ive filled the sled twice this season, one at home, at the local station, and once up north (Shawano WI) the fill up north had 3 other sleds at the same pump, none of them is acting up. maybe because the ZRT is high preformance ??
Follow others advice to make certain you have no other issues (like bad throttle switch.....) but my father in-law has a mach 1 skidoo, a polaris indy 500, an older arcticat 440 fan. we can fill all the sleds with gas at the same station and my ZRT will litteraly be the only one that acts up. I don't know why, but I have heard from others that the ZRTS are pretty sensitive to moisture in the gas. so I just buy heet at Wal-mart in 4 packs and keep a bottle in my sled at all times.

#11 ·
theword said:
How does your plugs look? I would go thru the carbs to see if they are dirty. Another thing is getting it running and Spray carb spray on the seals on the back side of the clutch and the carb boots to see if there is any air leaks and if so you need to replace them.
Plugs were fine, boots were fine, and carbs were cleaner than ever. throttle switch was good.

it backfires on occasion, once blew off the center pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.