Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 1998 ZRT for about one month and it run very good but when I run on the trail an the motor turn 5000 and I hit the trotle the motor does run good between 5000 and 6000 , but at 6000 + , it run perfectly,

Do you think that can be a clucht, driven problem???

Maybe later i will put in a EPI clutch kit,

thanks for your help[}:)]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sounds more a gas problem , if it wasn't happening before,, maybe there was a change in weather and you need to rejet cause you might be to rich ,, If you floor it and it starts to bog,, let go the gas and when you come to a stop , check your plugs ,that's the first thing and if they are really gumed up (black) then your probably way to rich ,, let me know

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my plug are new, and the color after 200 miles is ok, maybe litle rich (brown, light) but not too much ( i think),
i have the sled for about a month and it do this everytime, -30¤C to -5¤C it do that,

It boging too when I hit the trotle to make a start, but when the rpm reach 6000, wow that think crying!!!!

and it run idle very very good, with no problem, i clean the carb, the belt is new, and the sled have 2200 miles on it!

??????????????
[V]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'd clean the carbs and all the jets. I know I say this all the time, but when was the last time the needle n seats were changed? They may be leaking wich would be dumping in too much fuel to the system. Start by cleaning the carbs and all the jets, and go from there.

·
Registered
312 Posts
exactly what i was thinking to tfin70 ,,cause if she's running good after 6000rpm , then most likely its an ACCESS of gas ,, to much ,, so by the time it get's all burned up it'll bog up for sure,,, and -30 to -5 is a big difference ,, some people change their jet's every 10degree change ,, not saying you HAVE to ,, but from 0 to -30 i can GUARANTEE You there will be a difference

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have it done this christmas, i've cleaned all the carb, main jet , pilot jet....
but what are you saying :

the needle n seats were changed?

?????

thanks

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm saying that you would need to change your needle n seats in the carbs if they're leaking. Your fuel line that goes into your carb brings fuel in through the needle n seat, when the fuel rises in the bowl of the carb, the float begins to rise. When it gets to the proper height, the tab on the float pushes up on the needle which closes off the seat.

If the needle n seat are worn out, it won't close off, which would provide the carb with too much gas, this excess gas then gets dumped into your cylinder and at low rpms, can cause a bog and/or your plugs to foul.

·
Registered
312 Posts
couldn't of said it any better tfin70.
if you played around with your choke to , it might be stuck ,, or if you fooled around with the oil setings ,, might have moved them a bit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts