Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have 97 zrt 600 it has been sitting for about 3-4 months anyway i picked it up the other day from storage fired it up and it ws bogging like crazy so i checked the filter and changed the plugs still bogs. i started it up today on a stand and it will run fine when the choke is all the way on or halfway when i flip the choke off it bogs as soon as the clutch engages any insight into this would be great!!!!!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
ide clean out the carbs after sitting for a few months they can gum up. clean em out re sync em and should be good to go

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i would make sure all the jets are clean and nothing in em. usually carb cleaner and compressed air to blow everything out of them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am assuming that the sled has a lean bog if it runs right on half choke is that correct?

·
Registered
35 Posts
HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY ZL500 PUT IN A CAN OF SEA FOAM DROVE ABOUT 75 MILES , RUNS FINE . GREAT STUFF. GIVE IT A TRY COST ABOUT $5.50 FOR 16OZ.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
also add some isoheat to the fuel tank ,if these ZRTS get just a little water in the fuel ,really messes with them

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i took off the carbs and cleaned them i noticed the float valve was sticking shut so i cleaned them real good to put it all back together pulled it a couple times and it fired right up and ran great!!! thanks for all the info!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts