Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get a set of stock pipes for a 2001 zrt 600? I have a set of black magic pipes along with a different silencer and I hate the sound. Does anybody know how well the magic pipes perform because with our lack of snow I really haven't gotten a chance to ride it yet. Anyway still want the stock ones cause they sound better.

·
Registered
482 Posts
well the idea with the black magic pipes is increased performance and increased hp-whether you like the sound or not. Stock pipes put you back at stock hp, you can find them on ebay. You could also sell the black magic pipes on ebay and make money, or you could just sell the triple silencer and buy a quiet one, or a louder one depending on what you want, and sell the one you have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize that there is supposed to be power gains but the local dealer had implied that if they were a cheaper set of aftermarket pipes that you could actually lose power instead of gain. I'm not sure if thats true or not, and because I purchased them with the sled I have no idea how good they are. Thanks again for any input, I appreciate all of it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i would just change the silencer to a different one, or stock.

the actual pipes themselves don't change the sound all that much, mostly in the silencer design.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to get rid of these pipes but I need a set of stock ones first. Anybody got some stock pipes they want to sell?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are interested in selling/trading them call me @651-248-0084. I also have the clutch kit for my pipes, and it's brand new.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I would deffinatly hold onto those pipes they are excellent quality, as stated above I thin all you need is a different silencer... you are going to lose a fair bit of power if you go back to stock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got some stock pipes and the wife loves it. Also it is easier to deal with because of jetting or lack there of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts