Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a lovely old 1996 ZRT600 which no longer runs. It was running and started loading up...then went to two cyl. then one, and then dies. it had spark on the center cyl. for a while when I was testing things out, now it has none. The coil for 1 and 3 seems to be getting some power, enough to light a test light, but not enough to spark. i am suspicious of the pulse generator (AKA pickup coil)

can anyone give me the specs (in ohms) for a 1996 AC ZRT600 pickup coil? I have no service manual and no idea if there is an online resource for this info

thanks!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
whipit,,,,didn't know they got that much snow in Pakistan.....Anyway, I run a 97 ZRT 600.Now, that doesn't make me a mechanical guru tho, but sometimesds makes me wish I was, heh,heh.Anyway, I don't haave the specs on the coils that you need,at this moment.I do have a manual somewhere that I will try to find.

Did you try to bypass the throttle safety switch?This is an infamous prob it seems on alot of cats.Have you been fooling with the carbs and cables?If they get too slack it will shut the engine down.Thats all I have for now
I will get back to you on the coil specs.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Make sure the cables are in properly, and test them for continuity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts