Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi out there , i am trying to find a way to make sure my temp light (gauge) is working properly so i don't find out the hard way . any idea's ?? thank's bobby78

·
Registered
144 Posts
there is something out there that you wire in and it will turn on your lights when you start up so you can see they are not burnt out. i have it on my sled. i have seen them out there but not sure what they are called.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Replace it and wire in a digital water temp gauge. There is a reason they call them idiot lights. I bought my digital water temp gauge from J&T Products...very easy install and it works great. It is digital so it is very accurate and it is very bright so you can see it in bright sun or at night very easily. It takes about aa 1/2 hour to install it. My video on my youtube channel shows how to install the analog J&T water temp gauge. The only thing you have to add to the digital is you have to add a wire for the grounding. You splice in the wire from the pigtail of the gauge to the sender unit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
98zr600le said:
there is something out there that you wire in and it will turn on your lights when you start up so you can see they are not burnt out. i have it on my sled. i have seen them out there but not sure what they are called.
thank's bud

Blaine said:
Replace it and wire in a digital water temp gauge. There is a reason they call them idiot lights. I bought my digital water temp gauge from J&T Products...very easy install and it works great. It is digital so it is very accurate and it is very bright so you can see it in bright sun or at night very easily. It takes about aa 1/2 hour to install it. My video on my youtube channel shows how to install the analog J&T water temp gauge. The only thing you have to add to the digital is you have to add a wire for the grounding. You splice in the wire from the pigtail of the gauge to the sender unit.
make's lot's of sense and it's a must do on my list , thank's bud , bobby78

1 - 4 of 4 Posts